What is POTS?
- POTS is an acronym. POTS = Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
- A type of dysautonomia
- Dysautonomia = dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system
- Characterized by a rise in heart rate by 30 beats per minute (or more) within ten minutes of standing
- or a standing heart rate of 120bpm or more
- Blood pressure can either increase, decrease, or stay the same
- A collection of symptoms that can impact every part of your body
- A life altering condition
- quality of life analogous to congestive heart failure and COPD
- Worth fighting!
Video from Dysautonomia International‘s Facebook Page