What is POTS?
- POTS is an acronym. POTS = Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
- A type of dysautonomia
- Dysautonomia = dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system
- Characterized by a rise in heart rate by 30 beats per minute (or more) within ten minutes of standing
- or a standing heart rate of 120bpm or more
- Blood pressure can either increase, decrease, or stay the same
- A collection of symptoms that can impact every part of your body
- A life altering condition
- quality of life analogous to congestive heart failure and COPD
- Worth fighting!
Video from Dysautonomia International‘s Facebook Page
This video is a very short and beautiful way of describing the difference between empathy and sympathy. Empathy is important and how we connect with people. Empathy is what everyone needs, what everyone wants. Learn empathy. Practice empathy. Foster connection. Foster love.
I love this song. It’s a great reminder to “just breathe,” and I love the metaphors she uses.
Click for lyrics
I find this song ridiculously inspiring for myself. It’s kind of become like a theme song for me. I’m battling all these illnesses, but “I’ve still got, a lot of fight left in me.” Just in case you haven’t somehow heard it, take a listen, or at least read through the lyrics below!